The seventh COSEAL Workshop is a forum for discussing the most recent advances in the automated configuration and selection of algorithms. It will take place on August 26 and 27, 2019 in Potsdam, Germany and is organized by Holger Hoos and Marius Lindauer as co-chairs and Tobias Friedrich and Torsten Schaub as local chairs.
The workshop will consist of posters and talks about late-breaking research and useful tools, discussions regarding intra- and international cooperation, and many opportunities to interact with other attendees. Note also that this COSEAL workshop will be co-located with the FOGA conference, which runs from 27-29th of August.
All inquiries should be done by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of the Workshop
The scope of the workshop includes, but is not limited to:
- Algorithm selection
- Algorithm configuration
- Algorithm portfolios
- Performance predictions and empirical performance models
- Bayesian optimization
- Hyperparameter optimization
- Automated machine learning (AutoML)
- Neural architecture search
- Algorithm and parameter control
- Explorative landscape analysis
- Programming by optimization
- Registration opens: April 4th
- Registration deadline (incl. social dinner): July 31st
- Talk/Poster abstract deadline: July 31st
- Late registration deadline (without social dinner): August 12th
- Workshop: August 26th and 27th
Registration for presenting your work and attending all talks is free. Registration for the joint FOGA/COSEAL social dinner on Tuesday evening is optional and costs 100€. We hope to cover the 100€ from external funding, which is not secured yet. We will announce details around May.
If you would like to present some work at the conference, either as a talk or as a poster (format A0), we would appreciate it if you submit a proposal for your presentation as soon as possible but not later than by July 31st. If you only want to attend and participate in discussions, please also register early, as the number of seats is limited.
To register, with or without presenting, you need to fill the registration form. Please prepare the answers to the following questions:
- Would you like to present a poster?
- Would you like to present a talk?
- Will you be attending the get together on Monday evening, August 26?
- Will you be attending the workshop dinner on Tuesday, August 27?
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Digital Engineering gGmbH
How to reach the venue
- Avendi Hotel at the Griebnitzsee (5min to walk to the workshop location)
- Hotel Ambassador Potsdam (>15min to walk to the workshop location)
- Mercure Hotel Potsdam City (close to Potsdam main station; 5min ride with the train to get to the workshop location)
- B&B Hotel (close to Potsdam main station; 5min ride with the train to get to the workshop location)
Monday evening, Get-Together TBA
Tuesday afternoon: Social Dinner TBA
- Monday (August 26th)
- 09:15 – 09:30 Opening
- 09:30 – 10:00 Talk I
- 10:00 – 10:30 Coffee Break
- 10:30 – 11:30 Poster Session I
- 11:30 – 12:00 Talk II
- 12:00 – 13:30 Lunch Break
- 13:30 – 14:00 Talk III
- 14:00 – 15:30 Poster Session II
- 15:30 – 16:00 Coffee Break
- 16:00 – 18:00 Breakout Session
- 19:30 Get-Together
- Tuesday (August 27th)
- 09:15 – 09:45 Talk IV
- 09:45 – 10:45 Poster Session III
- 10:45 – 11:15 Coffee Break
- 11:15 – 11:45 Talk: “A gentle introduction to FOGA topics, and what to expect at FOGA” (tentative title)
- 11:45 – 12:00 “Closing and Invitation to COSEAL’20”
- 12:00 – 13:30 Lunch Break COSEAL + FOGA
- 13:30 – 14:30 FOGA Opening and invited talk
- 14:30 – 15:00 Coffee Break
- 15:00 – 17:15 FOGA Talks
- 18:00 – 22:00 Social Event: Boat trip + dinner
All talks will also eventually be presented in the poster session immediately following their oral presentation, for a deeper interaction with the audience.
Presenter’s names are in bold, regardless of actual contributions to the work.