Overview and Location
The organization team for the COSEAL Workshop in 2015 warmly invites you to Paderborn, Germany for the third annual COSEAL Workshop on September 14th and 15th of 2015.
The workshop will consist of posters and talks about late-breaking research and useful tools, discussions regarding intra- and international cooperation, and copious opportunities to interact with other attendees. We are offering two PhD travel grant in the amount of (max.) 225 EUR each. These scholarships are sponsored by the DS&OR Alumni e.V., and more details follow below.
Here is the important information:
- Where University of Paderborn; Building Q; Warburger Straße 100, 33098 Paderborn, Germany. The entire workshop will be in room Q5.245 (5th floor, room 245 – signs will point you in the right direction)
- When September 14-15, 2015
- Contacts E-mail: Kevin Tierney <kevin.tierney “at” upb.de> and Marius Merschformann <merschformann “at” dsor.de>
Signs inside Q building will guide you to our room on the fifth floor.
Note: If you are driving to the campus please note that while parking is free, the parking lots fill very quickly in the morning. If everything is full, drive to the end of Mersinweg (lower left side of the map) and park in the lot on the left side.
To register, email Kevin Tierney <kevin.tierney “at” upb.de>.
Please indicate the following:
- Will you be presenting a poster?
- Would you like to present a talk? If yes, what is the title?
- Will you be attending the workshop dinner on Monday the 14th?
- Will you be attending the workshop “farewell” lunch on Tuesday the 15th?
- Are you a PhD student who wants to apply for a 225 EUR travel grant? (See following section for requested information)
We would appreciate it your registration is submitted by July 31st.
The Decision Support & Operations Research Lab Alumni e.V. has generously agreed to sponsor two 225 EUR grants for PhD students to travel to and from the COSEAL workshop. Funds can be used for travel (plane, train, etc.) or hotel expenses. PhD students who are interested should send the following information with their registration.
- Proof of current PhD student status
- Short (paragraph) abstract of their research / PhD thesis topic
- Short (paragraph) argument why you should receive a travel grant (how will COSEAL benefit you, your current funding situation, etc.)
- CV with a list of your publications
- Title of the poster / talk you would give if you are given the grant. (Does not need to match the thesis topic)
Please submit your application by June 30th. Notification will be given in mid-July.
PhD students awarded a travel grant will be required to present a poster (or give a talk).
|Monday||September 14th, 2015 — Location: Q5.245 [100 Warburger Straße, Paderborn]|
|9:15 – 10:30||Introductions and updates|
|10:30 – 11:00||Break|
|11:00 – 12:15||Poster session 1|
|12:15 – 13:55||Lunch|
|14:00 – 14:20||Marius Lindauer: ASlib update|
|14:20 – 15:00||Lars Kotthoff: ICON project / challenge update|
|15:00 – 15:30||Break|
|15:30 – 16:00||Group discussion: Where does COSEAL go next? (Leader: Bernd Bischl)|
|16:00 – 17:00||Session 1: Discussion: Group funding/research proposals (DFG Scientific Network; Dagstuhl)|
|16:00 – 17:00||Session 2: For those not interested in funding, a special social event will be organized.|
|19:00||Social dinner: Bobberts [Neuer Platz 3, Paderborn]|
|Tuesday||September 15th, 2015 — Location: Q5.245 [100 Warburger Straße, Paderborn]|
|9:45 – 10:00||Coffee, Tea and Fruit|
|10:00 – 10:40||Joaquin Vanschoren: Algorithm selection with OpenML|
|10:40 – 11:55||Poster session 2|
|11:55 – 12:00||Conclusion / “official end”|
|13:00 – 15:00||Social lunch: Roadhouse Downtown [Markt 9, Paderborn]|
|15:00 – (open end)||Optional social program (TBA)|
Poster session 1: Frank Hutter, Marius Lindauer, Francois Gonard, Xudong Sun
Poster session 2: Eric Yuan, Jakob Bossek, Hans Degroote, Abhishek Thakur
- Marius Lindauer
- Joaquin Vanschoren
- Bernd Bischl
- Lars Kotthoff
- Eric Yuan
- Holger Hoos
- Heike Trautmann
- Pascal Kerschke
- Simon Wessing
- Tobias Glasmachers
- Francois Gonard
- Frank Hutter
- Ilya Loschilov
- Hans Degroote
- Jakob Bossek
- Marc Schoenauer
- Michele Sebag
- Marius Merschformann
- Xudong Sun
- Kevin Tierney
We recommend staying at one of the two following hotels, but rooms are unfortunately limited. Try to book as early as possible.
- Next to the campus: Campuslounge boarding house. Several rooms have been blocked off for the workshop (Mention the “COSEAL Workshop”).
- In the city: In Via Hotel. Mention the University of Paderborn for a special price.
Note that the university is easy to get to from the city center either by foot, bike or bus.
Directions to the campus and hotel from Paderborn’s main train station:
The following bus lines all go from the central train station to the campus and hotel:
UNI (direction: Universität) S85 (direction: Warburg, Schützenplatz) 68 (direction: Bahneinschnitt) (and several more, see below)
More detailed bus information is available from the regional public transit service VRR: VRR Timetable Information.
- Monday evening (14/09): Dinner in the city (location TBA)
- Tuesday afternoon (15/09): Lunch (location TBA)
- Social program for Tuesday TBD
Kevin Tierney <kevin.tierney “at” upb.de> and Marius Merschformann <merschformann “at” dsor.de>